Terminal illness is an overwhelming challenge for patients and families. The Peter and Esther Shifrin Lifelinks Program helps alleviate that stress and confusion. Through Lifelinks, JHCN and Jewish Family Service work with agencies throughout the community to provide sensitive care for Jewish patients and their families. Strong partnerships have made it possible to integrate all the services from the Jewish community into our program to serve families regardless of which hospice program they choose.
Lifelinks is directed by Barbara Haddad, LMSW, a social worker with many years experience providing hospice care within the Jewish community. Barbara evaluates the patient/family situation, then develops a treatment plan and provides referrals to area resources. With one phone call, patients and families receive access to an array of services, including:
- Case management
- Guidance in hiring private-duty hospice aides
- Home care services (respite, homemaking, personal care)
- Kosher Meals-on-Wheels
- Access to Yad Ezra, the kosher food pantry
- Support for Holocaust survivors
- Translation services for new Americans
- Individual counseling and therapy
- Support groups
- Referrals to bereavement counselors for pre-bereavement and bereavement counseling
If you or a loved one need help finding resources, contact Barbara Haddad at 248-592-2687 or email@example.com. For more information about our community partners, please see our list of local resources.